Friday, April 23, 2010

two more weeks of 'print and paint'to go, then pathways...

Why do I paint? I paint bcause I love the medium, I enjoy the flexibility of the medium, be it oils, guache, etc, and I love the immediate effect. It's wonderful to pickup that brush, to dip it into colour and then to explore. I enjoy the colourists such as Klee, Kadinsky and Matisse. Possibly my work needs more form, less colour?  Anyway,  when its going well, the whole world recedes...this is always a good sign...It's just a positivie way of expression. I also enjoy photogrpahy, but personally I find painting more immediate and accessable. The other thing I love about painting is that it is both reflective and relaxing.

3 comments:

Blog Archive

My photo
Auckland, West, New Zealand
Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog