Monday, January 21, 2013

Gay Marriage, I oppose it.

I oppose the concept of gay marriage not only from a Christian perspective, but because it simply does not feel right. Call me old fashioned, call me whatever. It's just my take. Marriage is a long-standing institution, between men and women, should not be fiddled with or changed. This I believe would be the start of a slippery slope indeed. Marriage is the bedrock for family and for raising children, and it is my belief that children deserve both a mum and a dad, who bring such different roles into play. Just my opinion, just the way I feel about it. The concept of marriage is not a toy, and should be left as it is. I wonder what the majority really thinks re this? No doubt Parliament, in their unwisdom, will allow gay marriage, (sooner or later) but should not a binding referendum be held first? Wouldn't this be the truly democratic thing to do?  However, I won't be holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My photo
Auckland, West, New Zealand
Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog