This is a still life painting by the impressionist painter Paul Cezanne. I have included this work in my show as it ties in with the still-life theme I chose to work with during my five-week painting module. I enjoy the rich, warm colours in this painting, and the confidence of the brush. The subdued background works nicely, and it is almost a tonal painting in colour. The method of the work is oil paint on canvas, with the fruit being outlined in black or brown. The painting is rendered in an impressionistic style, and Cezanne also was interested in fruit as shapes. This almost has a watercolour feel to it, the paint is used as a wash.
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (27)
06/06 - 06/13
- Another stunning work my Judy Millar, born 1957. S...
- 'Framed' - an exhibition of sublime painters in cy...
- Judy Millar, NZ artist, outstanding
- Harmony in Yellow, by Henri Matisse. The content o...
- A gorgeous Biblical work...
- This painting by Matisse is entilted The Music...A...
- Paul Cezanne, fruit
- Another stained-glass window lookalike.
- Simply entitled Hope...
- This work has a graphic look to it, cartoon-like, ...
- I love this picture. This is made from real butte...
- Francis Bacon, one of Damien's mentors
- An interesting statement
- Damien Hirst's installation art
- yet another dotty painting by the master
- one of the dot paintings?
- Damien's 'Blue' period
- Wow! Damien HIrst! Infamous and famous!
- Print to Paint, paint, paint, paint...a selection ...
- Home By Christmas, a film by Gaylene Preston
- ▼ 06/06 - 06/13 (21)