Thursday, June 10, 2010

Paul Cezanne, fruit

This is a still life painting by the impressionist painter Paul Cezanne.  I have included this work in my show as it ties in with the still-life theme I chose to work with during my five-week painting module. I enjoy the rich, warm colours in this painting, and the confidence of the brush. The subdued background works nicely, and it is almost a tonal painting in colour. The method of the work is oil paint on canvas, with the fruit being outlined in black or brown. The painting is rendered in an impressionistic style, and Cezanne also was interested in fruit as shapes. This almost has a watercolour feel to it, the paint is used as a wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My photo
Auckland, West, New Zealand
Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog