This is a controversial work by installation artist, Damien Hirst. The contexts are controversial art, Hirst headed the Young Brits movement, modern day life, ánything goes, the content is instillation art, a dead object placed in liquid, the intent is perhaps to add shock value. It is an interesting piece of work, exploring yet more themes of death and decay.
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (27)
06/06 - 06/13
- Another stunning work my Judy Millar, born 1957. S...
- 'Framed' - an exhibition of sublime painters in cy...
- Judy Millar, NZ artist, outstanding
- Harmony in Yellow, by Henri Matisse. The content o...
- A gorgeous Biblical work...
- This painting by Matisse is entilted The Music...A...
- Paul Cezanne, fruit
- Another stained-glass window lookalike.
- Simply entitled Hope...
- This work has a graphic look to it, cartoon-like, ...
- I love this picture. This is made from real butte...
- Francis Bacon, one of Damien's mentors
- An interesting statement
- Damien Hirst's installation art
- yet another dotty painting by the master
- one of the dot paintings?
- Damien's 'Blue' period
- Wow! Damien HIrst! Infamous and famous!
- Print to Paint, paint, paint, paint...a selection ...
- Home By Christmas, a film by Gaylene Preston
- ▼ 06/06 - 06/13 (21)