I love this picture. This is made from real butterflies, and was made with the help of assitants (as is often the case, similar to how Andy Warhol worked with The Factory). This is a life-affirming work, and the series was based on some of the Psalms, a lovely idea. I like the intricate details, the superb use of colours, the enlightened theme and the femininity to the work. It reminds me of stained glass windows (harking back to a religious theme) as well as antique doilies. Painstaking and gorgeous, wouldn't you just love to own this?
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (23)
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (27)
06/06 - 06/13
- Another stunning work my Judy Millar, born 1957. S...
- 'Framed' - an exhibition of sublime painters in cy...
- Judy Millar, NZ artist, outstanding
- Harmony in Yellow, by Henri Matisse. The content o...
- A gorgeous Biblical work...
- This painting by Matisse is entilted The Music...A...
- Paul Cezanne, fruit
- Another stained-glass window lookalike.
- Simply entitled Hope...
- This work has a graphic look to it, cartoon-like, ...
- I love this picture. This is made from real butte...
- Francis Bacon, one of Damien's mentors
- An interesting statement
- Damien Hirst's installation art
- yet another dotty painting by the master
- one of the dot paintings?
- Damien's 'Blue' period
- Wow! Damien HIrst! Infamous and famous!
- Print to Paint, paint, paint, paint...a selection ...
- Home By Christmas, a film by Gaylene Preston
- ▼ 06/06 - 06/13 (21)